“For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” – Matthew 25: 35 & 36
Serving the Lord in our community, our state, our nation and our world.
The goal of the Community Partnerships Team at All Saints’ United Methodist Church is to arrange missionary projects—in our own backyard and throughout the world—in which our entire congregation can participate. It is through these deeply formational projects and missions that we can all become disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world… and although our existence has been brief, the All Saints’ congregation has responded in many ways, including:
- Serving nearly a dozen dinners at the Durham Urban Ministries
- Participated in the Raleigh Rescue Mission’s Festival of Hope
- Sponsored a Parenting Seminar for the local community
- Organized close to a half dozen Stop Hunger Now events
- Partnered with other area churches to minister to the homeless in Moore Square on Sundays after worship
- Sponsored our Youth Group’s mission trip to Calais, Maine
Our work is just beginning. Come join us in serving Christ.
As we continue to grow as a congregation, we will seek more and more opportunities to put our passions to work in the communities surrounding us. Your involvement is welcome as we continue to look for opportunities to serve others in the areas of hunger, estrangement, sickness and imprisonment.